THE UNION DES THEATRES DE L’EUROPE IS RECRUITING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Union des Théâtres de l’Europe (UTE) is an alliance of European theatres, legally headquartered in France and operating out of an executive office in Germany.
Regarded as one of the most influential theatre associations in Europe, the Union des Théâtres de l’Europe is also deeply rooted in the history of European theatre.
To learn more about the UTE, please visit our website: https://www.union-theatres-europe.eu/ute
The Executive Director is the driving force of the association and acts in close collaboration with the Board of Directors, developing the association’s vision and strategy as well as conducting the activities planned as part of EU projects. The Executive Director will be in charge of representing the UTE internationally and developing the sustainable growth of the association, including future funding strategies.
The executive director is accountable to the UTE Board of Directors and President only.
Developing, implementing, and supervising UTE activities and projects
Developing a sustainable financial strategy for the association
Preparing and organizing regular general assemblies and board meeting.
Overseeing the financial management of the association in collaboration with the administrative and financial officers
• Excellent knowledge of two major European languages, preferably accompanied by English
• Experience in coordination, project management and organizing events
• Experience in conceiving and implementing development strategies
• Experience in conceiving European claims and managing the process of running a European project
• Strong interest in international networking and communication
• A good knowledge of the cultural and contemporary theatre scene at European level is appreciated
• Full-time position with a 36-month contract. Extension is possible. The salary is negotiable.
• The position is ready to be filled starting in January 2019 or at the latest early March 2019
• The Executive Director is currently based with his/her small team in Düsseldorf, Germany.
• International travels and occasional weekend work will be necessary.
For more detailed information: https://www.union-theatres-europe.eu/job_ute_director
How to apply: Please send your CV, a letter of motivation (1-page maximum) and expected salary. Recommendation letters are appreciated.
Submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 16th November 2018, 18:00 CET
Interviews will take place in Vienna, at the Volkstheater Wien, on 15 December 2018.